Clovyr is building friendly, flexible tools that bring the usability of modern applications to decentralized ones: ones that don't ingest all of your data to "personalize your experience." We're helping individuals, teams, and some of the largest companies in the world create ecosystems that prioritize privacy, security, and choice, without compromising convenience and user experience. Most of what we build is or will be open source.
We believe technical and social systems are intertwined and should be accessible, empowering, and accountable. From making self-hosted software fun again to helping enterprises derive better insights from less data, we’ve never given up on the promise of the Internet as a force for good.
Born and raised in Brooklyn.
We’d really love it if you 🥰:
- Have experience with the plumbing involved in running an application in the cloud/with containers
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Have given talks at technical meetups/conferences, or would like to
- Are comfortable switching contexts among products made for individuals, large businesses, and NGOs
- Care about privacy, security, and user experience for developers and non-developers alike
We don’t really care 🤷:
- If you already know Haskell and have thoughts on whether or not monads resemble burritos
- Where your degree is from, or if you have one
- Where you live (though <2hr difference from EST is nice)
- How many 10x engineers you can wrestle